I was talking with friends the other night about how you need to stay in a job for at least six months in order to get a proper feel for it and decide if it’s really what you want to do. Then I realised that I’d never had a job for six months, I don’t think I’ve even ever managed three. So I thought I would compile a list of all the things I’ve done since leaving college in a vaguely chronological order.
- Checkout operator
- Taking incoming calls in a call centre
- BA degree in Natural Sciences focussing on geology
- Geoscience intern at BP
- Student records clerk
- Database migration for an exam board
- PA to a college vice-principal
- HCA in an acute admissions unit
- Freelance first aid trainer and assessor
- Student nurse
- Benefit scrounging scum
- Student pharmacist
- Self employed craftswoman
That’s rather a lot of different career paths by the age of 26! I’m hoping the most recent choice lasts a little bit longer.