I think I have a touch of winter blues setting in. This is concerning as it’s only September and I probably have a long, hard winter to get through. I have to remember that only last year, I was starting and crashing out of uni yet again before falling into a deep pit that was hard to climb out of. I’ve come so far, I refuse to go back.
My early warning signs:
- Feeling tearful. I almost burst into tears at the end of my stitchy meet up last night and I love those so it’s an irrational feeling.
- Lack of motivation. Spending less time doing what I love and more time mindlessly browsing the internet and achieving very little.
- Tiredness despite sleeping as much as I have been for the last six months.
- Paranoia. My boyfriend doesn’t love me and everyone hates me. Only he does and they don’t.
- Being badly affected when some random shouted at me rather than just brushing it off.
At the moment it’s ok, I can deal with it but I can’t afford for it to keep going or to get any worse. So, what do I need to do?
- Keep taking my medication. It’s obvious but important. I can’t afford to forget it or to mess up getting new prescriptions.
- Keep active. I really enjoy my twice weekly hours of Zumba once I’m there but it can be hard to get myself out the house in the first place. I need to keep going, it’s good for me.
- Keep being social. I know when I’m down, I withdraw. I need to keep seeing people. I’m very lucky to have an amazing group of friends, I’d be foolish to forget that.
- Craft! New projects are a great distraction once I get into them. I just need to force myself to start.
- Be kind to me. I’m not a bad person, I just go a bit wrong sometimes.
- Keep a careful monitor of how I’m feeling and not be afraid to ask for help before it gets critical.